THE LEADER IN MOLDED FIBER PACKAGING SOLUTIONS
As leaders in the packaging industry, we continue to actively participate in the
innovation and development of sustainable solutions.
With a never settle philosophy, Be Green is driven by our materials utilization team to source and develop a variety of proprietary blends using renewable, natural fibers to produce stock and custom packaging solutions.
Renewable non-petroleum resource
Sustainably harvested natural fibers are a renewable and sustainable resource that nature provides.
Compostable, biodegradable and recyclable
Driven to ensure our packaging closes the loop, we use natural fibers that are recyclable and compostable in a safe and healthy manner for the environment.
Western Michigan Recycling
Be Green Packaging’s fiber consumer packaged goods and foodservice containers were certified recyclable by Western Michigan University.
WMU’s Paper Pilot Plant has taken a leading role in encouraging food packaging companies and fast-food restaurants to promote recyclability. WMU is not only helping change the industry, they are helping define the standards and procedures for certifying fiber-based products for repulpability and recyclability. Be Green is excited to be one of the first to engage in their process.
Managed by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), the goal of the BioPreferred® program is to increase the purchase and use of biobased products. The program’s purpose is to spur economic development, create new jobs and provide new markets for farm commodities. The increased development, purchase, and use of biobased products reduces our nation’s reliance on petroleum, increases the use of renewable agricultural resources, and contributes to reducing adverse environmental and health impacts. The two major parts of the program are mandatory purchasing requirements for federal agencies and their contractors, and a voluntary labeling initiative for biobased products.
Cradle to Cradle
Be Green Packaging was the 1st packaging company in the world to achieve Cradle to Cradle Silver certification for its U.S. manufactured foodservice packaging. The Cradle-to-Cradle process transforms traditional “take, make and waste” manufacturing systems into creators of goods and services that generate ecological, social, and economic value. The process transcends traditional business practices where raw materials are extracted from the earth and ultimately discarded in landfills. Be Green has transformed this cradle-to-grave mentality into a closed-loop packaging philosophy.
In order to abide by this philosophy, we use sustainable raw resources such as bamboo, bagasse, and tree fibers. We also follow a set of environmentally responsible criteria:
- Our products are compostable in industrial composting facilities.
- Our products are recyclable in industrial recycling facilities.
- Our products are unbleached.
FSC, BRC, and SWA certified
- FSC certification is a non-profit organization that sets certain high standards to make sure that forestry is practiced in an environmentally responsible and socially beneficial manner. The FSC certification is considered the "gold standard" designation for wood harvested from forests that are responsibly managed, socially beneficial, environmentally conscious, and economically viable.
- BRC is the Global Standard for Packaging and Packaging Materials. BRC was the first Packaging Standard in the world to be recognized by GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative). The Standard provides a framework for packaging manufacturers to assist in the production of safe packaging materials, to manage product quality to meet customers' requirements, and to fulfill its obligations in regard to legal compliance. Be Green Packaging meets and exceeds the requirements for GFSI.
- SWA certification is the exclusive Mcdonald's certification program that promotes a set of global workplace standards for those who work with their supply chain, ensuring employees are treated fairly and provided with a safe and healthy work environment.
Let’s talk about your Project.
Sustainable Packaging Coalition
Be Green has been an active member of the Sustainable Packaging Coalition for the past decade. This group helps develop a more robust environmental vision for the packaging industry through strong member support and an informed, science-based approach. Be Green is proud to support a coalition that endeavors to build packaging systems which encourage economic prosperity and a sustainable flow of materials.
U.S. Composting Council
The U.S. Composting Council is dedicated to the development, expansion, and promotion of the composting industry based upon sound science, principles of sustainability and economic viability. The organization plans to achieve this mission by: encouraging and guiding research, promoting best composting practices, establishing standards, educating professionals and the public, and enhancing product quality and markets. Council members, along with composters, generators of organic residues, policy-makers, regulators, professionals and consumers are working together in pursuit of this mission.
Need more information?
For all US & International Foodservice and Custom Retail Packaging Inquiries, please complete the contact form. A member of our Be Green Packaging Sales Team will follow up with you within 24 hours during normal business hours.